Apple has finally released its first update to Mountain Lion and heres the list of fixes for it taken directly from the Apple website:
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials
Whether or not this includes an update to the battery issues that the Macbooks have been suffering which causes the battery to drain much faster isn’t directly included in the list but may be contained in their list of “stability and compatability of your Mac”. I will keep you updated as to if it fixes it or not.
UPDATE 9/3: Since updating to 10.8.1, I haven’t noticed much of an increase in battery life, if any. Hopefully 10.8.2 will include this.